Tirelessly striving to push the frontiers of knowledge.
Finding solutions to customer problems.
Empowering the customer through shared knowledge.
An ethical and industrious organization striving to add value.
Staying away from limelight.
Serving only the fuel user community thereby.
Avoiding conflict of interest with other industry stakeholders.
Viswa Lab Houston and Viswa Lab Singapore are both ISO 17025 accredited. This is the highest level of accreditation that any lab can achieve. Viswa Lab also has its performance audited by U.S. Department of Defense and ASTM through Proficiency Testing Program.
History & Growth
Viswa Lab was established in 1991 and we are currently serving over 7000 ships worldwide.
Viswa Lab takes pride in providing unique solutions for the marine industry. Every year since Viswa Lab commenced operations, the number of customers and samples has increased, a clear indication of its technical capabilities and service-oriented culture.
Package of Services
Viswa Lab has established itself as a problem solving lab specializing in Total Fuel Management (TFM).
Major shipping companies who use fuel testing services of competitors still send all their problem fuels to Viswa Lab for detailed investigation. This has enabled the lab to secure the enviable brand image as a "Problem Solving Lab".
Viswa Energy Initiatives and Emission Control services provide a low cost and high quality
Creative Ideas and R&D
Viswa Lab has to its credit many creative and innovative ideas in the bunker fuel testing business.
It has also carried out several research projects to advance the frontiers of knowledge in the Bunker fuel business. It is the only lab to provide quantification of fuel quality through EFN and fuel worth through TWI.
Customer Support during problems and disputes
Viswa Lab has earned the enviable reputation as a problem solving lab. Even those who do not participate in Viswa Lab's fuel testing program send samples for investigation when they face a problem which others are not able to solve. The failure analysis studies conducted by Viswa Lab have earned the recognition of the insurance companies and P&I clubs. Dr. Vis has participated in Moderation, Arbitration and Litigation processes.
Over the years, Viswa Lab has been providing several value based on customer requirement. These include : - Failure analysis and failure prevention studies on material failure.
- Our team of senior Marine Engineers with on-board experience of various types of engines is always available to give advice in case of any problems faced by the ship.
- Examples â€“ Fuel switch over, Piston ring breakage, High liner wear, Blackouts, Exhaust temperature fluctuations, H2S in fuels, Purifier/Filter choking, Fuel pump seizures or high wear, Fuel Injector or Nozzle problems, Early bearing failure analysis, High wear in any component, Turbocharger deposit and surging, Advice on new building specifications and fuel compatibility problems and Advice on additive use and wording for ordering bunkers to be used in the Charter Party.
- We provide advisory services for main engine performance enhancement, turbocharger efficiency, VIT adjustments, Exhaust Gas Scrubber Design and Installation, problem solving on scrubbers or SCR units. - In addition to fuels, Analysing lubricating oil and Trilogy studies help understand all aspects of the functioning of marine machinery.
- Cylinder oil drain analysis is a major service provided by us to our premium clients. We have an innovative approach to this program and test more parameters than our competitors, providing early identification of corrosion and giving advice on energy efficiency improvements.
- The information gathered about the fuels, lubricating oils, cylinder oils, machinery problems, fuel related problems etc.Add up to a huge database with incredible potential to identify trends, to recognize patterns so that beneficial conclusions can be drawn.
- We also test potable water as per the new MLC 3.2 requirements.
- Teaching and training One of the guiding principles of Viswa Lab is "Empowerment through Knowledge". Viswa Lab strongly believes in communicating with customers, exchanging information, transferring knowledge to the customers through technical updates, articles in industry journals, webinars on specific topics, seminars conducted in various geographical areas, in house technical presentations, website knowledge transmission, etc. Teaching Centres forming part of the lab in Houston and Singapore imparts regular training to customers on various aspects of the services provided. - Viswa Energy Initiatives and Emission Control services provide a low cost and high quality alternative to the marine community to meet and exceed the industry requirements.
A value driven organization which believes in the sanctity of providing the highest level of customer satisfaction through sincerity, commitment, technical excellence and tireless effort.
ViswaLab is more than a lab.
Viswa Lab is more than a vendor ? it is a partner in solving marine fuel and marine engine related problems.
Proof of the pudding
Ultimately, the proof of a good service comes from the customers who themselves become spokesmen for the lab without any fancy advertisements or gimmicks. Viswa Lab has grown in size mainly due to â€œword-of-mouthâ€.